The availability, practice and benefits of yoga have not been made accessible to most BIPOC communities.
Y7 is proud to offer full scholarship opportunities for BIPOC folx in our 200-Hour Teacher Training as well as our Continuing Education programs. Scholarships are available to those with financial need who are involved in service within their community and strive to share the practice and learnings of yoga through teaching.
We know that representation matters, and that more diversity in instructors will encourage more diverse students to come to the practice, and to become teachers themselves. We also know that access to the practice of yoga is just as important in fighting systemic racism within the wellness and fitness industry. We will continue to address the issue of accessibility for students in our Commitments. Y7 guarantees at least 1 scholarship recipient for every 10 students enrolled.
Scholarships are selected by Y7’s Scholarship Committee.
- Y7 scholarships are open for BIPOC folx. We strongly encourage those who identify as both BIPOC and LGBTQ+ to apply.
- Applicants should apply if they are looking to deepen their own practice, share the practice through the skill of teaching, and are interested in furthering the efforts to diversify the yoga community.
- Applicants must display:
- An involvement towards service within their community
- A commitment to continue or expand this work using their training
- An intention for how they plan to use their certification to share the gift of yoga
Interested in sponsoring a scholarship recipient directly? Contact [email protected]
200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
January 3 – February 26
Scholarship applications for our Winter 2023 200-Hour Training are now open through December 9. The recipient will be notified by December 19.
- Scholarship includes enrollment in Y7’s 200-Hour Teacher Training + cost of books ($3,100 value)
- Curriculum will have an emphasis on inclusive teaching by exploring the method and practice of teaching in order to create skills that bridge yoga and social equity
- All teacher trainees are required to teach 8 community hours to those that don’t have access to the practice
- Trainees receive 200-hour teaching certificate upon completion of program
- As we rebuild and reopen post-COVID-19, we will offer scholarship opportunities exclusively for Y7 employees
FOR INQUIRIES ON OUR SCHOLARSHIPS, PLEASE CONTACT