The availability, practice and benefits of yoga have not been made accessible to most BIPOC communities.
Y7 is proud to expand its past partial scholarship and offer full scholarship opportunities for BIPOC folx towards our 200-hour teacher training. Scholarships are available to those who are involved in service within their community or have contributed to their community in a significant way, and will continue to share the practice of yoga through teaching.
Y7 will offer 3 full scholarships in our upcoming Fall 2020 200-Hour Teacher Training programs. In all trainings moving forward, Y7 will guarantee at least 1 scholarship recipient for every 10 teachers trained.
We know that representation matters, and that more diversity in instructors will encourage more diverse students to come to the practice, and to become teachers themselves. We also know that access to the practice of yoga is just as important in fighting systemic racism within the wellness and fitness industry. We will continue to address the issue of accessibility for students in our Commitments.
Scholarship Applications due by August 14
- 3 full scholarships available in Y7’s Fall 2020 Teacher Training programs
- Scholarship includes enrollment in Y7’s 200-Hour Teacher Training + cost of books ($3375 value)
- Curriculum will have an emphasis on inclusive teaching by exploring the method and practice of teaching in order to create skills that bridge yoga and social equity
- All teacher trainees are required to teach 8 community hours to those that don’t have access to the practice
- Trainees receive 200-hour teaching certificate upon completion of program
- As we rebuild and reopen post-COVID-19, we will offer scholarship opportunities exclusively for Y7 employees
Interested in sponsoring a scholarship recipient directly? Contact email@example.com
- Y7 scholarships are open for BIPOC folx. We strongly encourage those who identify as both BIPOC and LGBTQ+ to apply.
- Applicants should apply if they are looking to deepen their own practice, share the practice through the skill of teaching, and are interested in furthering the efforts to diversify the yoga community.
- Applicants must display:
- An involvement towards service within their community
- A commitment to continue or expand this work using their training
- An intention for how they plan to use their certification to share the gift of yoga
Scholarships are selected by Y7’s Scholarship Committee.
200-HOUR FALL INTENSIVE
September 1 – 30
Mondays through Fridays
10:00am – 5:30pm EST
200-HOUR FALL WEEKENDS
October 3 – December 13
Saturdays + Sundays
10:00am – 5:30pm EST
Online via Zoom
Lead Instructors: Molly Rice and Amanda Valdes
Senior Instructor: Michelle Martini
Supporting Instructors: Casey Anderson, Darby Rae McCullough, Emily Torockio, Jo Murdock, Lindsay Pirozzi, Stephanie Wallace
FOR INQUIRIES ON OUR SCHOLARSHIPS OR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAMS, PLEASE CONTACT