Y7 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
SUMMER INTENSIVE 2018
Monday, July 9 - Friday, August 10, 2018
Monday - Friday | 10am - 4pm
Applications are due by June 1, 2018.
Whether you are looking to teach or to deepen your knowledge of yoga, Y7 Studio’s Comprehensive 200-Hour Teacher Training will give you the tools to do so. During our training we will begin an in-depth study of the practice of yoga and the art of teaching it. Our program is designed to create an open and inspiring environment to delve deep into yoga and deep into yourself. Y7 Studio’s 200-Hour Teacher Training adheres strictly to the Yoga Alliance guidelines, going above and beyond their requirements by providing you with more contact hours, more hands-on experience and more practical teaching than any other program. We will equip you with the tools to move forward on your yogic path with more knowledge, more confidence and more authenticity than ever before.
- You will be led through our training by the highest trained and most experienced instructors.
- We adhere strictly to the Yoga Alliance standards and exceed the amount of contact hours that are required by the YA.
- We provide an in-depth understanding of intelligent sequencing and how to sequence your own classes.
- You will learn and gain practical experience so that you can leave confident and ready to teach both group and private classes.
- At the end of our program, you will be able to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher-200 with the Yoga Alliance.
- A thorough exploration of over 100 asanas, including their sanskrit names, proper alignment, energetic properties, modifications, contraindications and benefits
- Extensive study of intelligent and proper sequencing
- Introduction to anatomy
- Safe and effective hands-on adjustments
- Finding your unique and authentic teaching voice
- Introduction to meditation and pranayama
- History of Yoga and Yogic Philosophy
- Practical Teaching Experience
- Opportunity to Give Back To Your Community Through Yoga
- The Business of Yoga
- Minimum 1 year consistent yoga practice
- $500 non-refundable and non-transferrable deposit due within 72 hours of acceptance
- Total tuition: $3,650
- Final remainder payment dates due 1 month prior to start
Y7 has a strict attendance policy and attendance is required at all Teacher Training sessions. For every 1-4 hours missed you will need to schedule a one hour private, which is $150. For every 4-8 hours missed, you will need to schedule a 2 hour private, which is $250. We're happy to work with you on this to ensure that you can get all of the information that is missed. The maximum amount of days missed can be no more than 2 days.
Y7'S 200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING IS LED KRISTEN NICHOLS
WITH GUEST LECTURER HILLARY WRIGHT
Kristen Nichols is a Vinyasa and Restorative yoga teacher and teacher trainer that holds a 500 ERYT with the Yoga Alliance. In 2010 Kristen began her teaching journey in Colorado where she taught and eventually co-owned a yoga studio. She has studied and holds a deep knowledge of a variety of styles that inspire her teachings including Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Yin and more. Pulling from 15 years of classical ballet training her classes have an essence of fluidity and physical intuition combined with an emphasis on strength and foundation. Kristen is a playful instructor who provides an energetic and intelligent practice for her students.
Hillary Wright is a yoga and meditation teacher and has been for almost a decade. Hillary travels internationally teaching yoga teacher trainings and retreats and holds a 500 ERYT with the Yoga Alliance. She is currently pursuing her Master's Degree in Applied Physiology at Columbia University. She has an extensive training background studying with many world renowned teachers in the lineages of Ashtanga, Sivananda and Vinyasa, and has taught thousands of hours in these lineages. Her extensive background studying the Ashtanga Vinyasa system brings a solid foundation to her trainings while her deep understanding of Vinyasa Yoga makes her trainings accessible and well-rounded. Hillary has spent the past decade studying all aspects of yoga and teaching. She has spent time living in an ashram in India, teaching in packed studios across New York City, and everything in-between. Hillary is a direct and compassionate teacher who loves to share the art of practicing and teaching yoga.